Saturday, January 05, 2013

the hardest part of the trip is when you have to say goodbye

by Tricia

Today was our last day in Argentina and we wanted to go downtown. The younger kids wanted to touch the dog's nose in Recoleta since they also needed to be sure they are coming back to Argentina one more time.

We did a little shopping and bought more Toms. Courtney had been looking the whole trip for a purse and she found one she really liked. I was super annoyed because my mom and I bought matching shirts. I thought I got a good deal when I paid $15 for mine. She paid like $3 for hers because she paid in cash. Grrrrr.


We drove right past the famous Obelisco and Dan caught this shot in the car.


We walked through the fair at Recoleta. I really wanted to visit the National Museum of Fine Art which was just down the street, so we strolled through there also. There was quite the crowd. They had some post-Impressionist stuff by Van Gogh, Gauguin, Tolouse-Lautrec and Degas that I really wanted to show Carter since we have studied them this year.


And then it was sadly time for our farewell at the airport. The kids were so pleased to see the Argentine flag made out of legos still there.


We love and miss our Nana and Papa and pray for them each and every day.

No comments: