Monday, May 21, 2007

happy mother's day to me!

I want to write about my mother's day gifts. Because I want to remember that this is the mother's day that I received them and I want to remember how extraordinary my family is in thinking of me.

Doug:

Well, in spite of the fact that I am NOT his mother...a fact that he reminds me of every mother's day...

Dan and Doug and I went on a Saturday night shopping trip to mall with a gift idea for Tricia for Mother's Day. We spent most of our time in Anthropologie and in addition to Dan's gifts for Tricia, Doug bought me two tops to be worn together. They were NOT in sale room, which is against my Anthropologie shopping rules, but they are adorable and he is wonderful!


Tricia:

She ordered a present for me that didn't show up, and instead gave me an early birthday present that she and her dad had conspired on. This GPS system is the coolest thing ever! It is almost like stress-free driving when you don't have to worry about how to get places. I had a blast with it in North Carolina. It got us everywhere we needed and wanted to go in Virgina. On our trip home we used it find gas stations and places to eat. It is almost inconceivable to me that I can go places now and not get lost!

Melanie:

On the Friday we left for NC the children in my class brought flowers to school with notes. It was a beautiful gesture to thank me for being their teacher. I was very sad to leave the flowers behind. Also sad, was thinking about the lilies in my garden just ready to bloom and knowing that I would miss the best of them. I mentioned it to Melanie and then on Mother's Day she had a beautiful bouquet of lilies delivered to me via Tricia. I enjoyed them every day! Tonight I saw this great lily watercolor that reminds me of my beautiful flowers...maybe I will even try to paint it this summer! Cherylyn:

She remembered that I have wanted this great kitchen item for ages! Yeah, no more fretting when I run out of parchment paper.Brianna:

Brought me breakfast in bed and a cute picture that they had taken of her in primary.


THANK YOU DEAR FAMILY!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

yeah for a happy mother's day! Glad you had a good one moo.