Saturday, June 06, 2009

it’s my birthday

I woke up early, but even so, all the little ones were already awake. However, Izzy was the only one interested in an outing this morning. I have been wanting to go to the Matthews Community Farmers Market ever since Tricia moved to Matthews. It did not disappoint this birthday girl.DSC04995DSC04999 DSC05005

Beautiful flowers and beautiful produce.DSC05001DSC05003

 

 

 

 

DSC05002

  DSC05000

 

 

 

 

 

DSC05004

 

I had to buy some peaches because I really like peaches and as a bonus the proceeds help support the market.

Then it was off to find something delicious for breakfast.

DSC05007I didn’t actually say something healthy for breakfast. DSC05019 DSC05020 DSC05025IzzyBella decided that she liked her Poppie’s cinnamon roll even better than the M&M cookie that she picked out for herself.

She was a little disappointed to find out that we weren’t going to the Birdhouse. She has been asking to go all week. In the end, she didn’t have her gucka and she didn’t have her mommy so she was quite happy to go back home.

After winning all week in tennis, Cherylyn and Tricia finally lost a set to Doug and I this morning, which, of course, was followed up by another win for them. It was such a beautiful morning and we were having quite a lot of fun. I think we played tennis for about three hours before we finally left for Florida.

DSC05031About nine hours later, this giant tiger swallowtail followed us into the house when we arrived home just before midnight. It made me feel like even the creatures in my garden were wishing me a happy birthday…and it was a very happy birthday!

1 comment:

Wise Family said...

Happy Birthday Debbie!