Monday, June 15, 2009

june garden

DSC05061

Sometimes I think that my garden looks prettier on the blog than it does in person. But that is not the case today. The garden is very pretty at the moment with lots of blooms to share on the blog. Of course, the temperatures and humidity are keeping me inside much more and enjoying the garden from the windows.

DSC05064

The lantana is in bloom all over the place. I would say that there are dozens of bushes that have propagated themselves all over the property through the years and we have lantana in every color. I was quite pleased that a black buzzing thing made a quick last second jump into the picture. It is a humming-buzzing time of year.

DSC05065

The herbs are quite happy in spite of the heat. The oregano is in bloom again. It grows like a weed in my garden and is therefore underappreciated.

DSC05067

I

This is the first birdcage that we ever bought. It is a wonderful rusty old thing that hangs in the garden, filled for the past couple of months with this pretty flowering plant.

 

 

 

 DSC05040

I loved the echinacea (purple coneflower)  so much last year. I don’t know much about dividing plants, but since I had two of these I pulled one up and ripped it apart in the spring. I have my first bloom on one of the plants, but all three of the bushes are set to show with many blooms.  Soon the butterflies will be constant attendees. I think I will try the ripping thing again.

DSC05043

 

 

Yarrow

 

 

Butterfly bushDSC05042 DSC05041

 

 

Purple Fan flower

 

 

 

DSC05048

 

We haven’t seen orchids for many months now. I was seriously worried about it. Then last week, I noticed that she was expecting septuplets!

 

DSC05046

DSC05049 DSC05050

The jasmine vine which was very late this year is still blooming profusely. The foxglove has started to send up flower spikes. I am hoping the black-eyed Susan’s will decide they like their new home.

DSC05051 DSC05055 DSC05056

A small stand of sunflowers is beginning show off.

DSC05059The birds did find and seem to be enjoying the new feeder. I think this picture is so funny. I guess this blue jay is having a look to see if he likes what is on offer.

DSC05038

1 comment:

debbie said...

awesome picture of the blue jay