Tuesday, March 01, 2011

ode to the husband of a skinny wife

doug's iphone 238

I wonder if we will eat in the next life. I mean, I realize that for some people, heaven would not be heaven without food. I am just not one of them. For me, eating is like filling up the gas tank of my car. It is expensive and needs to happen when I would rather be doing something else someplace else. For me the only redeeming value of food is the sociality of eating, reference the “released” blog a couple of days ago.

Most websites about gaining weight say the best way to gain weight is to eat six times a day. Six times a day! That is a lot of sociality. Suffice it to say…Food is just not my thing.

So…here we are staying at this wonderful condo in Cocoa Beach and pretty much the only restaurants in town are the kind normally listed under the generic “Hole in the Wall.”  My husband did some research, with his picky little wife in mind, and came up with:header_newThe Green Room Cafe is an organic restaurant located in downtown Cocoa Beach, FL. greenroomcafecocoabeachOur specialties include sandwiches, wraps, salads, real fruit smoothies, tasty vegetarian and vegan choices, wheat- and gluten-free alternatives (including desserts) and homemade soups.doug's iphone 241

It was delicious!

No comments: