Sunday, July 17, 2011

the sister

I have a new name. I’ve wanted a new name for a very long time. Although I wouldn’t have chosen this new name, it is probably here to stay for the next few years.

The sister missionaries  in our mission are always referred to as “the Sister Danes” or “the Sister Clayton” which I am pretty sure is a function of the Spanish language to include the article when saying someone’s name. However, I am simply, “the hermana.” Even when the missionaries are speaking in English, I am “the hermana.” So it is el Presidente and la hermana this, or the President and the hermana that.DSC01544

In this picture the missionaries are listening to “the hermana” tell a little bit about our family. Later they will meet with me in individual interviews to tell me about their families and their mission experience and their after mission goals. I have met with 127 of them now. It will be one more week before I have met them all. We will receive a new group from the MTCs in mid-August. Fortunately, I have already met 12 of the 19 that are coming.

The hermana loves meeting with them and appreciates the help  and encouragement they are giving her learning Spanish.

2 comments:

debbie said...

aw that's cute!

Gail said...

I love reading about your adventures. You ARE the sister!