Saturday, September 03, 2011

not planned

I have been looking forward to today because Doug and I finally had an opportunity to play tennis this morning. However, my racquet felt like it weighed 50 pounds, the wind was blowing off the river and the court surface seemed like some kind of rubber since the balls were bouncing way high all over the place. I played terribly.  (I don’t think that I have ever cried over tennis before. Seriously, even at my best, I wasn’t good enough to cry over tennis. But today, I was so devastated that I cried! and  asked to go home after about 45 minutes.)

We stopped off for pastries and orange juice on the way home. I discovered about a teaspoon of sand in the bottom of my glass, AFTER I had consumed most of it.

DSC02325

Since Doug told me that we could do whatever I wanted today, I decided to pull myself together and asked to go downtown to a multi-cultural fair. He said that it looked like it was going to be a food fair, but I told him that it said there were going to be crafts. 

We decided to take the train. My husband loves to walk cities so, at the end of the line, we started our walk.

We walked and walked and walked. It was great because it was a beautiful day. I wanted to enjoy every second of it because it is the only warm and sunny day we have had, or are going to get for at least another week.

I have been wanting to capture  pictures of these advertisements for Cristina, and I had the perfect opportunity. Her husband used to be the President of Argentina, but he died and now she is the President.

DSC02321  DSC02320

I also enjoyed the sun shining on some of the downtown buildings. DSC02330 

We stayed at the food fair for about 20 minutes.

 

DSC02326

Then we walked over to Puerto Madero where I took a picture of this lighthouse for all my lighthouse lovers on the east coast.

We  had an incredibly delicious lunch at Bice.   We walked some more along the port. We sat in the sunshine. We walked some more. We waited on benches in the sunshine for the little tourist train to take us back to the real train station.

 

train

We both fell asleep on the way home. Luckily, I woke up one stop before ours and woke up Doug. We plowed our way through all the people who had joined our car while we were snoozing

permiso- permiso- permiso- permiso- permiso- permiso-

and exited the train just in time.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I'm chuckling about the FOOD fair. I bet you were pretty disappointed.