Saturday, September 10, 2011

party prep

In an unusual set of circumstances, we ran into our Bishop for our ward in Argentina when we were in the MTC for our Mission Presidents’ training. We talked with him about our activity in the ward. The previous mission president did not have children with him. Therefore, most Sundays they did not attend the ward, but rather, attended the wards and branches throughout the mission.

This is still something that I am working through. Of course, I want to visit the wards and branches in the mission with my husband, but, I also want to share the Sunday experience with Brianna in a ward that feels like home.

Well, back to the MTC. Bishop Paz forewarned us that the parties start late and end early in Argentina. In other words, the parties start at 11:00 at night and end around 6:00 in the morning. He advised that we let her go as long as she knew that she had to make it through church the next day.

So…it’s party night. We told Brianna that she had to be home by 3. Her friends wanted to come over late this afternoon and eat “real” macaroni and cheese and then “get ready”. It was a warm afternoon, and Brianna set up lunch out on the patio.

Afterwards, it was girl stuff. Their friend, Gonzalo decided that this would be a good time to take a nap.

DSC02453 DSC02455DSC02449DSC02452

3 comments:

Melody said...

I know Brianna was happy. The party girl.

3? Really? Wow.

Aaron and Mercedes said...

I'm all updated read your last few blogs and I miss you guys! You guys sound like your having so much fun!! Also, I got the adorable outfit you sent for Vera!!!! I cant wait tell she fits in it! Say hi to Uncle doug and Brianna for me! Love you guys!

karla said...

Hi sweetheart! Looks like you're having a great time! Love you!