Sunday, May 26, 2013

guest post by tricia #3

Today my parents were asked to speak in church about 45 minutes away. In the past when we have visited buildings in their mission, my parents have had the only car. Today there were actually a handful in the parking lot. This car definitely caught my eye:

If you look closely, you can see a club lock on the steering wheel. If recognizing that this car is someone's prized possession doesn't add some perspective to your day, I don't know what will.
The Argentine Saints are humble, dedicated, hard-working and just plain beautiful. It's hard not to fall in love with them.
My dad had some extra meetings so the office elders picked me, my mom and Brianna up and drove us home after sacrament meeting. I'm not going to lie, that's definitely my kind of church. But, to be fair, I was pretty tired after listening in Spanish for over an hour. But Brianna was impressed I sort of knew what was even going on!
We ate lunch with the office elders and I told them about some things back home. Brianna and I kept them entertained with some funny stories about my parents too. I think they were amazed we are actually just a real, normal family.
In the evening, the four of us played dominoes. Brianna and I rocked the house. My dad and I also checked out the Indy 500 results via the Internet. Shockingly, neither one of us took home a trophy this year. ;)

No comments: