Sunday, March 19, 2006

orange blossom time

Today I learned that the truck that helps harvest oranges is called a "goat". The orange blossoms are in bloom and the perfume in the air is heavenly. I remember the first time I drove home from BYU at the end of my freshman year. As we started down through the San Bernardino mountains the smell of orange blossom filled the car. I thought, "I'm home." When we moved to Tustin from Long Beach, we told all our friends we were moving to the country. Tustin has changed a lot and I fear for the future of our country community here in central Florida. Ahhh, but the smell of orange blossoms...that has not changed.

1 comment:

Cherylyn said...

I hope they stick around for when we come to stay! Either way, everyone keeps telling us how lucky we are we get to be in Florida for the summer! AND WE ARE!