Sunday, June 25, 2006

mo day

Doug has known Monica for longer than I have known her. He has always had the highest regard for her. I really got to know Mo last summer. I hadn't skied at all and Mo said she wanted to learn, so we invited her to come over. It turned out to be such a blessing for me as I got to know her cute personality and intelligent wit as she bantered with my husband. This year I attended the third annual LDS Prom. Mo was the originator of this wonderful event in our area that has turned out to be a memorable event in many lives. Since she is now a student at BYU, I usually keep in touch with her through her family. Sadly, she didn't come home this summer, albeit in order to accomodate her goals. Then I received a phone call from her mom that she would be here for a couple of days. Since that time we have anxiously looked forward to what we have affectionately called Mo Day.

Mo Day was wonderful. She is darling as ever and sweet and funny as ever too. Her boyfriend, Christian came with her and it was a pleasure to meet him. I thought Christian was easy to talk with and polite and thoughtful. He also did a few things that made me think he is probably practical and sensible as well...so obviously, the first impression is that here is a fine boy that Mo has chosen to date. How like her!

We skied and ate lunch at Tijuana Flats and ran errands at Millenia Mall before having dinner at Brio. For me, doing those activities with almost anyone would be good, but doing them with Mo and Christian and Roxanne and Mike was terrific. I think we need more Mo Days!

No comments: