Wednesday, June 28, 2006

vanilla cookies


Melissa Schaffer came over to learn how to ski today. Afterwards, I was cleaning the kitchen and she asked if she could help. I said, "Why don't you make some cookies?" And she agreed. I got a recipe for her and assembled the ingredients. Then I carried on with cleaning the kitchen.

A few minutes later Melissa said that she thought she might have made a mistake with the cookies. "What happened?" I asked her. She told me that she put 1 cup of vanilla in the cookies instead of 1 teaspoon. We did some quick calculations and figured out that it was 48 times the amount the recipe called for.

Okay, so we dumped the cookie dough in the trash and started over since the vanilla had saturated everything in the bowl. I think Melissa learned more about cooking today than skiing.

The good news...the kitchen sure smelled good!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

that's funny...poor girl was probably so embarressed.

Craig and Rachel said...

I love vanilla! How long did the smell last?