Wednesday, November 01, 2006

locked out

Tonight all the youth came to our house for YM/YW. I had painted the side of the house, so I roped off that part of the porch and locked the back door from the inside so that no one could go walking on my paint job while it is drying.

When everyone showed up it started getting warm, but since it is a cool evening, (that would be 69) we decided just to open the front door and the windows at the back of the house. The screens were in the closet so I had to put them on first. It doesn't take very long, but as I was putting them on, I accidentally put one in backwards. It was annoying to turn around and since I was in a hurry, I just left it.

Later that night when nearly everyone was gone, I walked outside to say goodbye to the last group. As I did, I closed the front door and it locked behind me. Now I was locked out of my house with no keys! Someone asked if I had any windows open. And then I remembered...my back windows were still open and one of them had the screen in backwards so it would only require the slighest push since I hadn't been able to lock it into place. Not only that, I had been painting the back of the house today and the ladder was just a few feet from the window.

In just a few minutes, we had hoisted one of Brianna's friends through the window and she opened the front door to save the day, or rather, the night for us.

My family says I am the luckiest one. Sometimes I am lucky, but this time, I think it was a blessing.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You are well blessed and SUPER lucky if I do say so myself. Glad it all worked out. :)