Monday, November 20, 2006

welcome to the birdhouse


Here is the beautiful antique (circa 1870) acid-etched glass that we purchased at Rennigers this weekend. It was four inches too tall for our opening. When I called the glass cutters this morning they told me that they would not cut the glass because it is illegal not to have "safety glass" in the doors. I told her that we would sandwich the glass inbetween the safety glass, so she made the appointment and the cutters showed up around noon. They told us that as long as we didn't ask them to install it, they would be glad to cut it...if they could. No guarantees of course. They didn't feel comfortable cutting it at the house so they loaded up the doors of which the glass was a part and attached them to the OUTSIDE of their truck. (I am talking like the doors looked like they were riding on the running board.) They called around 4:00 and we spent the next hour shuttling back and forth between the glass cutters and our house twice. It is now 6:30. Doug has just finished installing the glass. We are thrilled!

9 comments:

Tricia said...

That took my breath away. You go Mom.

Unknown said...

Wow, they are beautiful. Is there anything the Carter's can't do?

Melody said...

They are just beautiful! They look even prettier than I imagined.

Tricia said...

Well done on the stress Dad. I say Go Mom cuz she has vision that I know I don't. Thankfully she shares with me. :)

Tricia said...

And then Dad does the work. ;)

Melanie said...

Mom, they took my breath away too!!!!! So beautiful. I'm so glad I can sleep easy tonight. Go Dad and Mom! Mom is so great on the vision and dad, ever careful to pull it off. Don't get me near any glass...we all know how that turns out. WOWZERS is all i have to say!!!!!

Cherylyn said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! It's amazing.

Linda Carter said...

so beautiful....

Jen said...

so beautiful