Saturday, December 09, 2006

high council christmas dinner party

Last night was the event that we have been working toward all week. On Sunday, Doug and I laid out a map of what needed to happen and when it needed to happen by. Come Monday, Doug was 24 hours behind schedule. The good news is that he stayed 24 hours behind schedule all week, which means...it didn't get any worse. When I got home from work on Friday, my exhausted husband said, "This is a lot of work!"

This is the first year that I didn't cook. That was a huge benefit to me personally. I sent my husband to Millenia Mall to pick up dinner. As he was going out the door, I called after him. I haven't paid for the Italian food at Brio, but I have already paid for the dessert from Cheesecake Factory. To which he responds, "It's a good thing that you said that. I wasn't planning on going to the Cheesecake Factory." He made it home with dinner and dessert looking and smelling wonderful and only a few of the guests had arrived.

The house looked great. The women were gorgeous! The men were handsome. Dinner was delicous. We were having such a wonderful time that I completely lost track of the time and was truly surprised at how late it actually was when our last guest left.

Doug and I walked to the breakfast room where my three servers sat after having worked all evening, serving and then cleaning everything up. Melody and Ashleigh (who I never spell her name right and can't remember now how she does spell it) answered my pleas for help on Monday. I was overwhelmed by their charity since Ashleigh is pregnant and Sick! And Melody has 5 children and a husband's new business who keep her very busy all week and I know that she looks forward to her evening off on Friday. Mary volunteered weeks ago because she is my friend. Yes, the three of them were sitting there and I thought at I entered the room...how do I thank these women who truly MADE THE NIGHT?

So this is what happened...I walked into the room and they looked up and said with one accord,"If you don't invite us to serve this dinner next year, we are going to be mad at you." It took my breath away. I feel so very blessed to know these three wonderful women.

1 comment:

Melody said...

The party was just wonderful and I feel priveledged to have been able to serve all that were there. Thank you for asking. Please ask again...