Sunday, December 30, 2007

my ipod


So now I guess I am really cool because Doug bought me an Ipod for Christmas.




It's true that they are really easy to use...however, like things of similar ilk...they are really easy AFTER you know how. Which is what I have been learning. Since I didn't ask, nor even imply that I wanted an Ipod, I was quite surprised! But the even bigger suprise for me is how thrilled and excited I am about it. I have been busy downloading songs mostly from our old CD's. I have done close to 500 which means that I only have room for another 19,500. Oh well, I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

I have also uploaded my Windows Contacts list and a podcast. Ta da!!!

It hasn't all been a series of successes however. I still have an audio book sitting on my desktop waiting for me to figure out why it doesn't want to join the Ipod party.

When I registered with Apple, I couldn't help noticing that I was in the very last age group that they listed, which was 55-64. Okay, I am not actually 55 yet, but it will happen this year. I suppose they think that there are no circumstances under which you can be cool enough to have an Ipod after the age of 64? Or maybe it is because the audio book recommendation on their website advertises that you will look and feel 15 years younger after reading it...which drops me to nearly 40. That was a good time, but I am not so sure about going back there.

Brianna keeps asking to borrow my Ipod. No, No, No, No, No.

I tell her, "Sorry dear." I have a pretty short list of things that I don't like to share including my toothbrush, my makeup, my computer and the newly added item, my Ipod. Besides, taking her back 15 years puts her 3 years before birth, and I am VERY sure about not taking her back there. Which means, that Brianna will be getting an Ipod at approximately real age 33, or Ipod age 18, which would make me 76 and even with help from Ipod, I would still be outside their coolness range at 65.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the experiences that all this great technology has to offer!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Actually i decided to get a really really cool mp3 player after i get my laptop wich i am getting really close too. i am happy you got an ipod mom:)

Cherylyn said...

You are cool mom! I have been very impressed with how into your ipod you are.

Jen said...

You really are COOL.... I just have to say I LOVE my ipod.