Sunday, December 02, 2007

what is a meme?

Fellow Blog Readers: Please copy and post your own meme as I would love to read your responses.

Christmas Meme
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.


2. Real tree or Artificial? Real.

3. When do you put up the tree? I like to do it the day after Thanksgiving. One year when we lived in the UK, we bought it before Thanksgiving, which isn't a holiday there and they delivered it on Thanksgiving Day.

4. When do you take the tree down? Normally sometime after New Years. I am in no hurry.

5. Do you like eggnog? No. My mom made it from raw eggs in the blender when I was a kid and I always thought it looked and tasted disgusting.

6. Favorite gift received as a child ? My mom doesn't sew a lick. But one year she got together with a friend of hers and she helped her make dresses for me and my sister. They were the kind with big full twirlly skirts...loved it. And I loved that my mom made it.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Many. I love them all.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Dan, Spencer and Tanner (I don't have boy experience.)

9. Easiest person to buy for? All my girls are easy to buy for.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I am also tempted to quit with the advent of blogger, but will probably keep sending out for a little while.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year my dad bought some used restaurant chairs at an auction. What do you think I thought I was getting when they took us to the garage to see the present and pressed the remote and there were 4 very used chairs sitting there? We eventually gave them to our apartment landlord who was very happy to have them.


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppet's Christmas Carol with Polar Express as a close second and I really like The Nativity movie that came out last year.


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I buy all year hoping to have most of it done by December so I can enjoy the holiday and also I like the feeling that I bought something specifically for them and not just for the holiday.


14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Sometimes I get gifts from my classroom kids that get recycled, but only if they are decent and I think that someone will enjoy them more. For example, chocolate, which I don't eat at all.


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade cutout cookies.


16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.


17. Favorite Christmas song ? Angels Carol arranged by John Rutter and I especially like the Cambridge Singers although MoTab does a great job on it as well.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I love to be with family through the holidays, so whatever it takes.


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes I can, and I can also do the entire Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Moore, which apparently my mother taught to me when I was four and I orginally "performed" for my dad's seminary class. I, however, have no memory of learning it and it just seems to be like it is something I have always known.


20. Angel on the tree top or a star ? Angel.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Commercial hype.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Nativities (see #7 above)

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want 3 pictures. One from each of my girls' families with their kids holding their Christmas stockings. And since I have my opportunity here...lol...I would also like someone to do lousy grunt work in the yard under my direction once a week. And I would like...J/K

1 comment:

Melody said...

Thanks for sharing. I always love to learn more about you.