Monday, November 02, 2009

armed and dangerous

Minnie-Mouse-Color-Page2

About a year ago, Doug and I started playing doubles tennis with Rick and Linda Teets. We normally play three sets.

Doug and I vs Rick and Linda

Linda and I vs Rick and Doug

Rick and I vs Linda and Doug

 

It has been great fun and great exercise. 

Recently though, while swinging through a shot, I clobbered my own head with my own racquet.

Who knew that tennis could be such a dangerous sport to oneself?

Linda has suffered with an ankle injury, Doug was out for a while with a muscle tear in his leg and I have had various elbow and shoulder issues. Normally, we ice and rest and then carry on.DSC05925 That is until…

…Rick managed to dislocate his shoulder. It seems as if there are other yet-to-be fully diagnosed repercussions from  that abuse.

Of course, he comes out and cheers us on as Rhea has taken over his double responsibilities. She has been great to play with us!

 

We are all wishing him a speedy recovery!!!

1 comment:

Melody said...

You guys are CRAZY and I love it! One day, I want to show up just to watch.