Friday, December 11, 2009

partytime

DSC06285It has been a busy week at the Birdhouse for the occupants.
EveryThing has been cleaned and decorated. Don’t you just love Christmas from the outside looking in?
DSC06286
Brianna has slaved for Doug and I the past two days. There is no amount of accolades that would be sufficient for her beautiful attitude and willingness to carry  on despite overwhelming weariness. At last on Thursday night when the only things left were  the five crockpots waiting to be disgorged into the refrigerator for the night…even then…she entertained me with favorite memories and songs until we were able to leave the kitchen together. DSC06287

DSC06281
We had a Victorian Repast complete with beef pot pies and trifle.DSC06302
I didn’t make the trifle however. It was spectacularly huge, beautiful and delicious!


DSC06295 DSC06304
We cleared all the furniture out of the former porch, now, sitting and casual dining areas of our house to accommodate our thirty guests.

DSC06301
They were  festive and lovely…I would have liked a picture of all of them.
DSC06298 
Mary Gronlund helped out in the kitchen for the 6th Time, and this year Monica Rasband, bless her heart was there to help her. I don’t know what I could say about these two women besides the fact that They were Both Invaluable.
When the last party-ers  left sometime after midnight, I was just a little sad—but only because it was over.


President and Sister Carter



Extend a cordial invitation


To the Birdhouse for a


Victorian Repast


On Friday, 11 December 2009


at 7:00 in the evening.


Victorian or Holiday Dress RSVP to douglasbcarter@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Melody said...

I'm so glad that I got to be a part of it again. I did kind of feel out of place, kinda like Cindrella at the ball...
The games after dinner were much fun and I especially loved my "Round 2" of dinner.
Thank you for a wonderful night!