Saturday, June 05, 2010

taking out the ski

  DSC08138

Chezzie’s in.

DSC08082

She’s up.

2010-05-31(12)

DSC08130  

She’s making a beautiful spray!

 

We bought our first jet skis when we moved to south Florida in 1995. It was then that I resurrected a sport that I had learned one summer almost twenty years earlier while visiting my Oregon cousins. I learned, but never had a chance to practice, however, I did not forget the thrill.

Before buying the waverunners, I made sure that they would pull a skier. Then, I asked for my own ski and taught my girls. They loved it too and we have been loving it ever since. Once, I asked my husband if he thought I would still be skiing at 50 and he unhesitatingly said, “yes.” The follow-up question, will I still be skiing at 60, was a marginal, “maybe.”

Tomorrow I’ll be 57 and I am still at it.

  DSC08106  DSC08105

*smile*

2 comments:

Melody said...

You are amazing on that ski! Maybe one day you'll teach me?

Melanie said...

that is awesome moo. that is a happy birthday treat!