Monday, January 31, 2011

cancelled

I woke up this morning with a feeling that I should call and check on my flights to  California tomorrow. After about 20 minutes on the phone the agent recommended that I change my flight for today, if possible. I quickly emailed Melanie since I figured it was too early to call. Then Tricia called her at about 6:45am.  She happily announced, "Mom is coming to see you today!"  Melanie told her that she had her days wrong and that I was coming tomorrow.   After it was all sorted out, Melanie called me and got the update and changes. When I saw the news the following day, I was so grateful that I had missed the mess.

Dallas Hazardous Cold, Dangerous, Not Going Anywhere 

The airport said airlines canceled more than 600 departures at DFW because of weather impacting air traffic in 30 states.

Chicago Airports Nearly At Standstill

American Airlines shut down operations at O’Hare International Airport for the rest of the day at 4 p.m., up through Wednesday morning more than 1,300 flights had been canceled at O’Hare. were landing or taking off Tuesday afternoon and operations were not expected to resume until Wednesday afternoon.

American Airlines spokesman Ed Martell said a shutdown of operations is an extremely rare event. He said in 10 1/2 years with the company, it has never happened.

ist2_2087867-all-flights-canceled-hd 

And, it was so fun having a bonus day together!

No comments: