Sunday, February 27, 2011

released

Elder Kevin Pearson and Elder Robert Gay came to our stake conference this weekend to release Doug and call a new stake president. Friday night, the four of us went to dinner at Goblin Market. Both Elder Pearson  and Elder Gay  have been mission presidents in Tacoma, Washington and Accra, Ghana, respectively. They both took 15 year old sons with them as well. Much of the evening was spent chatting about their mission experiences with an appropriate, and much wanted, dose of advice, for me, personally. The role of a mission president’s wife is not well-defined. They encouraged me to use my talents and be sensitive to the Spirit as I chose how I would fulfill my part of the assignment. I enjoyed every minute of it. In fact, when the main course was finished, only I ordered dessert. I could not bear for the evening to end quite yet.DSC00104Sunday morning they both took a few minutes to chat with Brianna. It meant a great deal to her, especially when they promised her that our mission to Argentina is not just for her parents and that she would have great joy and wonderful experiences that would bless the rest of her life.

Our new stake president is dearly loved by us. Not only has President Ingalls been Doug’s counselor, but both he and his wife have been our friends. His new counselors, President Berge and President Jackson are  good men that we know, we love, and we sustain. We feel truly blessed by our association with all of them and know that they will lift the members of our stake to new heights individually and collectively.

1 comment:

debbie said...

I'm glad you got some "training"