Monday, February 21, 2011

youth conference

It is Youth Conference this weekend. The theme for the conference is “Called to Serve”. Hmmmmmm. I wonder if my husband had anything to do with that! While Brianna went off to stay at someone else’s house, we had six girls arrive to stay here. DSC00088

 

I thought they were only staying for two nights, but when I saw all their gear, I did a double take.

 

DSC00083Two went home after the first night and then we got another new girl the second night so we ended up with Alexa, Jessica, Rebecca, Lauren and Nellie.  They liked it when Doug and I told the story of our courtship.

DSC00082My favorite part was Sunday afternoon when three young men came by to share a message. They were talking about prayer and I asked them if they had ever had a prayer answered. Armando, on the left, shared an experience about losing his shoe that was really very cool.DSC00081

 

 

Doug called me on Sunday afternoon and asked me to come to the fireside Sunday night. He didn’t mention that he wanted me to sit on the stand, nor that he wanted me to speak and then bear my testimony in Spanish! When I asked him about it later or rather mentioned that a heads-up would have been nice, especially since I just learned how to bear my testimony in Spanish last week, and I am not very confident in my ability, he responded that I need to be ready all the time. Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiight.  It was my first time saying anything in public in Spanish. President Ingalls said, “Bien hecho” when I finished. Thank heaven for kind friends.

img355

Update: I noticed that Armando Nielson didn’t have a nice set of scriptures so I gave him an extra set that I own. He sent me this nice thank you.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Way to be prepared Mom! I'm sure you did great.

Melody said...

You are amazing in every way!

Megan said...

Darn, I wish I could've been there. I want to hear your testimony in Spanish! Next testimony meeting, you should totally bear it in Spanish! :) And btw, we updated our blog so check it out!!