Sunday, May 08, 2011

mother’s day

DSC00803

Apparently my brother, John,  doesn’t get the whole Mother’s Day thing. He called and requested chicken and rice for dinner and homemade cinnamon rolls and then he volunteered Mercedes  for breadmaking instruction. It’s okay. I was delighted that he and his family came to visit. Mercedes was visiting them, having just graduated from BYU, and she has the cutest little baby bump ever. What would it be like not to know that you are pregnant for the first four months? She is expecting little Vera the end of the summer.

DSC00804

Doug gave me flowers to celebrate and my married girls joined forces and gave me the Reflections of Christ books, DVDs and CD. Doug and I enjoyed watching the Christ in America one this evening. Brianna custom ordered a glass write-on, wipe-off calendar (in Spanish!) I can’t wait to receive it in the mail :)

No comments: