Tuesday, August 09, 2011

19 birthdays

DSC01757I didn’t go into the office today with my husband. I have been thinking about about my 19 birthday boys.

DSC01748

 

 

I decided to make each one of them a candy treat.

DSC01743

They will be most happy about the alfajor cookie on the top.  An alfajor is a traditional Argentine treat. It consists of two vanilla cookies, glued together with dulce de leche (caramel), then the whole thing is dipped in chocolate. There are many companies that make alfajores, but we think Havana in the gold wrap is the best.

While I worked, I listened to Luis Miguel sing songs in Spanish.  One of the missionaries told me that he learned English by listening to American music. I am hoping that works the other way around as well because I have birthdays galore coming up!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Those are really cute treats mom!

Melody said...

That is pretty awesome!

Higleys said...

You are so cool. My mission mom made cookies for us for Zone conference, the best is when we had Native( Taiwanese) Comps because they didn't care for cookies. What a busy and beautiful undertaking. I love reading your posts.