Thursday, August 25, 2011

petrobras

We are taking a P-Day on Thursday this week because there were too many things going on last weekend and the beginning of this week to manage it sooner. We had a bunch of errands to run and one of them was to get gas for our car, which I call, “The Beast,” because it is so noisy. It takes diesel fuel. DSC02167

The first thing you have to do is pull onto the marked square.

DSC02166

When it is your turn, one of the guys in the yellow and green comes out and asks you what kind of gas you want and how much. After that, he/she goes to work, putting the the handle into your gas tank.

A funny little side story about our car. I guess I should tell you first that it is made by Toyota. It reminds me a lot of my Highlander except that it is quite a bit bigger. It is called a Hi Lux. I don’t know if they sell them in the US. Anyway, because of the ash falling from the volcano and the general winter weather nastiness, the car was dirty when we arrived and it was a couple of weeks before we had time to take it to a car wash. We took a walk while we were waiting, and when we came back, we couldn’t find our car, at first. Doug thought our car was light gold. I thought our car was dark grey. When we got home, we asked Brianna what color she thought our car was. She looked at us in that, you-guys-are-so-weird kind of way and then answered, “Tan.” As you can see, it is light silver.

DSC02174

If you want, you can get something to eat at the Spacio 1, while you wait. It only took us 25 minutes to get gas today,  maybe, because we didn’t have the windows washed. 

DSC02173

I jumped out of the car to take a picture of the refill truck and the lady taking care of the operation.

DSC02170

DSC02171

 

The diesel fuel costs about 4 1/2 pesos a liter. That works out to about $1.15 a liter. After you fill up the guy asks you if you want to pay the bill in one payment or in three installments.

Another worker saw me taking pictures and asked me, “Para que?” I told him that I keep a blog and since we are living in Argentina now, I share things about my life on the blog about this country.

So then he smiled and posed.

DSC02172 

Buen dia!

2 comments:

Gail said...

We LOVE the Highlander! We've had 2 fun roadtrips in the 2 months we've had it. We still think of you every time we get in it even though it has lost the "Carter" scent. :)

Higleys said...

How do the three installments work? What fun. I have heard of the hi-lux but I don't think that modle is sold in the US.