Monday, August 08, 2011

p-day in san isidro

DSC01728The centerpiece of San Isidro is the Parroquia Catedral de San Isidro. DSC01725

It was build in 1898 in the neoclassical style. Since it is about 20 stories tall it helps Brianna and I find our way around as a reference point. DSC01739Today, however, I was shopping with my husband.  I wanted some boots for walking on the cobblestone streets and he wanted some sweaters to wear under his suits to stay warm. He picked out my boots and I, sort of, picked out his sweaters. DSC01726

 

I actually wanted him to get a light blue sweater, but he didn’t think that was a good idea. He did get several in the end, including this navy blue one.

 

 

Then we went to lunch at the  cute restaurant across the street from the catedral. It is in the top DSC01734floor of this building and even in winter, it felt like we were dining in the leafy treetops. It was recommended to us by one of the guys that sold us sweaters. Neither one of us were huge  fans of the food though. And when I used the bathroom to wash my hands, I realized too late that the plumbing for the sink was broken and there was a waterfall all over my new shoes :(

Fortunately, they survived their unexpected bath.

The office elders were tasked with buying a new video camera for the mission today. They met us at the house to show the President what they had chosen.  Suddenly,  I was chosen to be the subject of the video. There was only one thing for me talk about.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Now those are some BOOTS! They are beautiful.

Melody said...

I love the boots! Chris missed the 'go shopping with your wife' speech. Oh well... ;)

karla said...

Hi Debbie, I love the boots!