Tuesday, November 01, 2011

tricia’s visit day four

I cancelled my Spanish lesson this morning, but I asked my tutor, Emi, to come by and meet my daughter. They remind me of each other quite a bit. Later, Emi told me that she felt like they would be great friends if Tricia lived here.

DSC09001

We hadn’t done enough shopping yet…so we ran with one of my visiting teachers to a place in town that I had never been before where there are a bunch of outlets shops.

DSC09003 DSC09004

I had a tennis lesson scheduled for this afternoon and Doug and Tricia came with me. I think it is so funny that it costs 50 pesos to rent a court and 70 pesos for a lesson. For what amounts to an extra $5 you can have your own personal tennis trainer with you.

Pablo had a good time helping  us all in my first ever group lesson with him.

DSC09007 DSC09008

This evening we went to a Mexican Restaurant in La Lucila. The train has an iron overpass that we cross over to get to the restaurant and so we got a nice picture of the train at night.DSC09009DSC09012Unbeknownst to us, it was the Day of the Dead.  The holiday in Mexico focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. We learned about it when we went to Mexico, but tonight we got to see the real deal.

DSC09015The owner of the restaurant seemed quite pleased when we asked if we could take our picture next to the altar. The altars are built using sugar skulls, marigolds and the favorite foods and beverages of the departed.

No comments: