Wednesday, December 28, 2011

at the ballet

DSC00559 Every time we take the Pastores Tour with the missionaries that are leaving, I think that I am going to go home and buy tickets to an event at the Colon Theater. Then I go home and don’t buy tickets. Fortunately, we have a very amazing office couple. Sister Cox was a ballerina herself and her sons and daughter grew up dancing and still participate in ballets. They gave us tickets to the ballet!

 

 

DSC00582

This one is called The Corsair. These people were authorized pirates. In this ballet they are saving the maidens or ballerinas from the slave traders. I read about the story online before going, but I was so mesmerized by the experience, I don’t think it would have mattered had I not known it.

DSC00567

It was beautiful in every way. The scenery, the music and of course, the dancing. The prima ballerina is ranked among the top 10 in the world, but her counterpart elicited the standing ovation, even though she was too wonderful for words herself.

DSC00570

It was the last night of the season, but I hope to be able to go back to the ballet for the 2012 season!

DSC00575

No comments: