Saturday, September 16, 2006

have you ever seen a blue frog?

Well, you are not going to get to see one in this blog either because when I took the picture the flash made it look more or less grey.

Back to the painting update:
I painted all day Friday. When I say all day, I mean 9 hours. I literally felt as if I could not lift the paint brush out of the bucket and make one more stroke even if I had to do it. I painted yellow, yellow and more yellow. I like yellow, luckily. It was hot, hot, hot. I remembered that you are not supposed to paint if it is over 90 degrees. That is what the nice paint lady at Home Depot told me. I later found out that it was 96 degrees, but I am hoping that it was only 90 on the porch, it being covered and all.

I finished the side of the house where I took the previous picture and started on Shooter's side of the house, which at first he was quite excited about because he LOVES to lie around and watch me work. He was less enthusiastic when he realized that he now had to be tied up to prevent him from becoming a "painted" yellow lab..



The Ingalls came by around 4.30 and rescued me. After taking a tour of their "in the making" house, we went to the Goblin Market for dinner. They had never heard the story of Melanie finding the Birdhouse while we thumbed through a Homes and Land magazine at lunch. I have always associated that restaurant with that momentous moment, and now I can also associate it with the day I became a painter.


Saturday, I painted white. Briannaberry Finn and her friend Tom, I mean Jess, white-washed the fence. I was more than grateful for their help and they even managed to get a little paint on the fence!
Which brings me to the blue frog. Linda will be happy to know that I was keeping company with less-threatening repiles on Saturday. In fact, I didn't even see him until I was quite close. I painted the board white that is about one inch below where he is sitting. He never moved, which is good because I was afraid I might jerk back and fall off my ladder if he did.

I painted for seven hours. I am tired.

No comments: