Tuesday, September 26, 2006

left-handed scissors


"The reason I ask is, that my mom is left-handed, but because left-handed scissors were not widely available when she was growing up, she learned how to cut right-handed (as my daughter is also learning). One year for Mother's Day my dad bought her a really expensive pair of left-handed sewing scissors and she couldn't use them. She had adapted fully to the right-handed world"

I used grokker.com to find this pair of scissors that Tricia wrote about above in an online class discussion. I still find it incredible that I can sit at my computer in Florida and observe a Rutgers Digital Libraries class discussion.

And furthermore...it makes me wonder what my grandchildren will find incredible?

Maybe the left-handed ones will find it incredible that we HAD to learn to cut right-handed.

No comments: