Tuesday, June 12, 2007

my bat dream

Last night I had one of those dreams where everything is crazy. Brianna was running around the house with three friends looking for a bat. And I was driving around town looking for my husband. Oh wait...it wasn't a dream...

Doug went off to the school board meeting at 6.00, and he told me he expected to be finished by 6.30. The Ingalls invited Brianna (and Natalie who is staying with us) and I to dinner. After dinner we decided to play games. I was going to drop Brianna and Natalie off at the house so that they could get to bed and pick up Doug. But when I arrived home at 8.30 Doug still wasn't here.

At 9.30 the Ingalls came and picked me up. I left a note for Doug to come over when he got home. At about 11.30 Brianna called.
"Mom, there is a bat in the purple bedroom!"

Roxanna, Mo, Christian and I jumped in the car. On the way to the house, we decided that Mo and Christian could take care of the bat capture, and Roxanne and I would go to the school board offices to see if the meeting was still going on...

There were no cars at the school board offices, so we carried on to the stake offices...so we carried on to Howey in the Hills where they run teacher inservices etc. We called home. They hadn't found the bat, and we hadn't found Doug.

As it turned out, we arrived home sometime around midnight shortly after Doug, who had been at the school board meeting over by the Courthouse. Yeah...I didn't think to look there. But the bat was still missing.

Mo and Christian got on the computer while we were out and did a bat lineup to see if the girls could identify the culprit. Unfortunately, they chose the bat that only lives in New Zealand, seriously diminishing their credibility.

However!
This afternoon Doug and I heard strange squeaking sounds coming from the chimney. And the flue was open...AHAAAAAAH!
I just hope that the bat caught the rat that Doug saw in the hallway late last night and that the bat family was enjoying a fine meal.

Stellaluna...the way out is up!

2 comments:

Cherylyn said...

you shouldn't tell stories like that, people might not come visit!! lol. I love those stories though...way better than fiction!

Tricia said...

So glad Stellaluna is safe. Nice job everyone.