Tuesday, August 21, 2007

the first week of class

The bad news:
Yesterday was the first day of school for the students. I arrived to a classroom without air-conditioning, no classroom roll and no lunch numbers. Did anyone know that school was actually starting besides the 1000+ students that arrived and the bewildered teachers wondering how to cope in 100 degree temperatures?

It turned out that the AC had also gone out on Saturday and it had been fixed and again on Sunday and it had been fixed. Or, I guess not really since on Monday it was down again. I called Doug and asked him to bring over a big fan. It saved the day or at least the morning for me. By then the AC was up and running again. I daren't take it home as it is now my insurance policy.

The very good news:

Today, I have a teaching partner, and her name is Kathy Chestnut. Welcome, welcome!

No comments: