Saturday, August 11, 2007

Savannah

A number of years ago, the girls and I went on a roadtrip together. One of the places that we went to was Savannah. I thought it was a beautiful place, and I have always wanted to go back there with Doug. This past week we spent four days together. I still love how beautifully they have restored the old Victorian homes.
With temperatures in the high 90's and the heat index approximately 10 degrees higher than that, we had to do our walking in the early mornings and after dinner. It seemed as if they have continued to restore the city. The squares were well kept. Such a pretty way to lay out a city!

One day we drove out to Skidway Island. We didn't get to see much of the neighborhood since it was completely gated. Then we drove over to Tybee Island to see this great looking lighthouse that reminded me of the one on Truby's Christmas sock.



1 comment:

Melanie said...

I wish I could see the lighthouse pic bigger...but we love all lighthouses, so its all good. Savannah sounds LOVELY.