Wednesday, September 19, 2007

school days

So I have been working...full time. Just for journaling purposes, I should probably recap the past few weeks.
1. One week before school started, the teacher who transfered to RoundLake to be my teaching partner took another job. I could hardly feel bad. We never even met.
2. One week after school started, Kathy Chestnut was hired. She is a friend of Mary Gronlund's and practically lives at the school anyway. You may remember her from a previous blog.
3. She worked for less than a week, I think it was four days to be exact. Her two year old was having daycare issues and she quit.
4. The job gets posted again.
5. My prayers are answered when someone applies for the job who seems really great.
(She went online looking for a job for a relative and saw a part-time job. She had a baby in the spring so she was just planning on subbing this year because she didn't want to work full-time. She was very happy for the opportunity.)
6. It takes a few days for the school to get the paperwork done. They call her yesterday and tell her she has to officially apply for the job online, even though they are definately hiring her.
7. But the job posting had already lapsed. So now, the job has to be reposted, which only happens once a week.
8. After which, she can apply for the job and the school can access her information and hire her.
9. Did I mention that the principal himself called HR today to no avail?
10. THE GOOD NEWS: My homeschooler YW have been coming into class and helping me. That has been a huge blessing. Thank heaven for them.

No comments: