Friday, October 26, 2007

happy birthday melanie

Dear Melanie,

I thought I would post a few of my favorite memories in no particular order:

1. Remember listening to this song?

2. Remember when you fell down in the garage and split your chin open and I picked you up and carried you into the house and then to the car to go get stitches...my back hurt for days and I knew then that moms can have superhuman strength when it comes to their kids.

3. You were my only baby that loved to be snuggled.

4. Do you remember when we were going to lunch at the Breakers in West Palm Beach and you saw a couple walking out of the hotel and asked me if I had noticed them? When I said no, you said that they looked like you and Spencer when you got old and that's when I knew you would marry him even though he was on his mission at the time and you were not even writing letters to each other.

5. Remember when I was hanging wallpaper and you were painting and the wallpaper accidentally ripped in half and we both collapsed in a fit of laughter?

6. Remember when I made your pink dress and we curled your hair in a zillion ringlets for Prom and you looked like Heaven?

7. I am glad that you have always loved dolls and I have enjoyed choosing dolls for you.

8. I loved watching you on the balance beam at gymnastics, so strong and beautiful...that's how I still see you.

9. Remember how I used to help you study and how happy we were the day you got accepted to BYU?

10. Remember when we saw that big huge alligator sitting in the middle of Lake Dalhousie and we hopped on the jet skis and went waterskiing anyway?



I think about you and your family everyday, but especially today because it's your birthday. I hope it was wonderful. I love you.

MOO

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Ahhh, that was so nice.

Melanie said...

I cried from the second I heard the song playing. That's a lot of good memories moo. I love you.

Ashlea said...

What a sweet blog...the tears are flowing.