Sunday, October 07, 2007

i just love conference weekend

Elder Eyring is called to the first presidency and Elder Cook is called to be an apostle.
Chezzie, Tanner, Clark and Brianna watched conference with me this weekend. Doug was away at Woodbadge Training and we missed him. When we went to Sam's Club this week, Doug bought me this little leatherbound journal and conference was such a good way to break it in. When Sister Dalton came, she recommended having a journal to record things that moved us or ideas we have while attending meetings. This conference was such a great way to start. So now I have a "to-do" list unlike my normal ones.
One of my favorite moments of conference had to be when Elder Nelson stood by Elder Wirthlin as he gave his talk. One of my favorite talks was Elder Bednar's talk about the transformation of our hearts. Something I hadn't thought about before was that generally miracles are ideas and solutions. I need to remember "when it comes to the Holy Ghost, we often live below our priveledges" and do what it takes to make that happen less in my life.

No comments: