Tuesday, March 18, 2008

eye doctor


I went to see the eye doctor. Ever since I had my tear duct soldered shut, my dry eye condition has been better. I am better to my eyes, too. I am finding that if I run the humidifier in my classroom in makes a huge difference. I really enjoy listening to books on CD or my computer, but I am not sure that helps my eyes that much, because I usually needlepoint while listening. Apparently, needlepoint is marginally easier on my eye.

Anyway, I got a good report from the doctor and my prescription had not changed in nearly two years. Of course, I am pretty hard on my glasses and the lenses are really scratched so I decided to go see about getting a new pair. After thoroughly cleaning them, she pronounced them seriously scratched and said she could order new lenses for me. How much will it cost I said as I braced myself for the news. She answered that they were still under warranty and it would be free. Amazing! A warranty that came through for me. It was going to expire in June, but I will have a nearly brand new pair of glasses for free! I say nearly new because I recently had to get new frames when Clark with his superhuman strength ripped them apart, so the frames are actually a few months old. What a good news trips to the eye doctor!

No comments: