Friday, March 21, 2008

saturday jobs

I really like the Saturdays when Doug and I work together in the yard. Translate that sentence as I run around the yard and ask him to do all the jobs that I can't do by myself. Then I play errand girl running and getting all the things he needs to get it done. I spend a fair amount of time hanging out and watching his worker prowess, while he sweats and accomplishes the real man stuff. One thing about my husband is that he does a good job when he has a task to do, so I can count on being pretty happy with whatever needs to be done. When we get tired, we run errands together. He is a pretty good errand runner and even though I tell him that we have 5 errands to do and it turns into 6 or 7 or 8, he is normally okay with that too. Last Saturday he hung an antique swing near my garden and helped me prepare the garden markers for the herbs. I didn't like the wire that the markers came with as the sand won't hold them straight so now we have real stick markers. He also sprayed for bugs. We took apart the chicken coup and got it ready for the burn pile. This is all pretty exciting stuff, isn't it? The cool thing is that we had a really great day together and I guess that is the real reason that I like Saturday jobs.So...it's Friday night and I am looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments: