Thursday, March 27, 2008

ten things i like about mowing

10. If I do it, I don't have to nag my husband to mow. He keeps telling me that he is going to give the yard "a real mow" one of these days, but I don't think the weeds/grasses really know who is on the tractor.

9. I like the grass cut more often than my husband does, so if I am doing the mowing, I can mow it as often as I like.

8. It is nice to take a spin around the yard and see how things are doing...what's growing, flowering, etc.

7. The butterflies keep me company.

6. I like listening to the various bird calls too.

5. It is not labor intensive. In fact, it is kind of fun buzzing around, albeit a little bumpy.

4. When I get done, I feel like I have really accomplished something.

3. Unlike most of the things that I do, it will not need to be done again tomorrow.

2. I feel a little bit cool because I know how much my grandkids love the John Deere.

1. I have always enjoyed the smell of cut grass, but this time of year, when the orange blossoms are in bloom, the aroma is indescribably wonderful.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the smell of the orange blossoms. Greg and I drove down to Lake Dalhousie this evening and the orange blossoms smelled so wonderful!

Tricia said...

Save some orange blossom smell for me!

SpaceyKasey said...

You do look VERY cool on the John Deere. (Wyatt seconds the motion.)

Glad to know another wife thinks the lawn needs mowing more often than her hubby does. :)

Melody said...

I just love your reasons for mowing. I am the same way. However, since we don't even have a mower, our lawn service must be attentive.
When we did mow our own grass, I was happy to do it myself, for many of the same reasons as you, EXCEPT for the orange blossom blooms, because they make me have serious allergy issues!

Karen said...

Hi Debbie!! This is the most wonderful thing -- that someone as remote and far away as me can see my dear friend Debbie's everyday life on a blog! I found my way here through my girls, who are very efficient with their blogging and keeping up on everyone!
Love to all your family from Karen!