Friday, April 25, 2008

the jewelery store

I needed a new battery for my watch. I went to see Mr. Merry at Merry Jewelers downtown who advertises that we should "make every occasion a Merry occasion"...lol

Mr. Merry is 92 years old. He works Monday through Friday until noon, except on Wednesday, when he goes golfing. He told me all about the new house that he is building on Lake Gertrude which is "awesome", (his word!)

He said that you get old really fast and that he is "super old". He said he doesn't expect to live a long time but plenty of years to enjoy his new house. I asked him if he knew my neighbor, Mr. Gatch. Oh yes, he answered, I have lived here since 1925. Sure, I know his whole family. (I think that would be since he was 9 and Mr. Gatch was 13.)

I really enjoyed our visit. Why, oh why, didn't I have my camera with me today so that I could have had a picture with him.

No comments: