Sunday, October 05, 2008

i went to the mountain

Isaiah 2: 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. bigspringshollowmeadow1

It is general conference weekend. I love to hear the words of the leaders of the church. I find it renewing and inspiring.

Favorite ideas:

Perry- be positive through stress, the best is yet to come and there are spiritual benefits of a simplified life style

Allred-you don't know everything, but you know enough and faith is a decision so choose faith

Uctdorf-present circumstances give way to future blessings

Bednar-meaningful morning prayer is the spiritual creation of the day

I am looking forward to studying Elder Uctdorf's talk at the RS broadcast and Elder Bednar's talk together. For me, they were most enlightening.

2 comments:

Melody said...

I was moved to tears with President Monson's talk this morning. Right now, I am listening/watching Saturday's second session.

I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to hear what they have to say. I am so humbled.

Christy said...

Hi Sister Carter - I really liked that "spiritual gem" from Elder Bednar too. And I too would like to study his talk a bit more. Another favorite quote from Elder Ballard: "He is asking us to live a disciple's life." - I hope I got it all down right. Oh, and Elder Hales: "Meekness is not weakness"!