Wednesday, October 29, 2008

the windy city

Doug, Rick Teets, Geoffrey Wise and Michael McGrath went on a business trip to the printer's convention.  The temperatures were in the high 30's but Doug said it felt like freezing.

chicago 2chicago 11

One day they decided to be tourists and took pictures from the Sears Tower which is probably the tallest building the in the world, if you count only habitable space and measure from the sidewalk level of the main entrance to the structural top of building (excluding flagpoles and spires). It was built in 1974.

chicago 10

He didn't have a camera, but took these pictures with his cell phone. Personally, I am glad to have missed that adventure since I am not a fan of heights. Not only is it 1450 feet and 7 inches tall from the street level, but it sways in the wind.

                                                         chicago 5 chicago 6

                             chicago 8  chicago 3 

He ordered this for dessert at Smith and Wollensky's. He says he at half for dinner and half for breakfast the next day.

 

 

 

 

They made a side trip to Shelbyville, Michigan. I guess they weren't cold enough in Chicago.

2 comments:

debbie said...

I love to visit big cities. It's so exciting, but then I like coming home afterwards. I'm with Doug on his choice of food groups.

Melody said...

I don't think I would care to go in a building that swayed myself. Not a pleasant idea.