Monday, April 25, 2011

waiting out the storm and counting bingos

One of the things that I love about Florida…really, I do love it…is that you can go into the grocery store on a sunny day and go out, or rather try to go out 15 minutes later, but can’t for the rain deluge. It turns into an unplanned break. Brianna and I hopped onto the window seat to watch.

publix

 

 

 

And while watching the storm, I spotted 4 Bingos*.

Apart from that, we just hung out between the double sets of sliding doors and waited with the rest of the Publix patrons for the storm to subside enough to get to our car only partially wet rather than fully drenched.

 

 

*Instructions

    • 1  Any time you see a yellow car, yell, "Bingo!" Schoolbuses, taxis, and construction vehicles do not count. Two people can't pick the same car.
    • 2 You can spice things up by adding other categories: gold cars are "Blingo"; silver cars are "Zingo"; red cars are "Yahtzee"; blue cars are "Scrabble," etc. etc., but in our family we only play Bingo, oh and half bingo, which is a half white and half yellow car and counts as 2  bingos in our family rules.

I don’t think I will never look at a yellow car again without thinking of this game whether or not I am with my grandkids.Bingo_3298cropSM[1]

1 comment:

Rae said...

Up here in CT we call yellow cars "splits"...as in banana splits! :)