Thursday, November 21, 2013

north waterside

thCAF26UVQThis morning we went and ate facturas at Coppelias. Everyone loves this typically Argentina breakfast, although Argentines eat facturas all day long.

 

 

We eventually talked the kids into another adventure.

DSC08787There is an ecology center in San Isidro that we have never taken the opportunity to visit. It was a lovely day, and we were ready to explore. The first thing that we saw were some turtles.

Pretty quickly, however, Tricia noted something else and we had No Idea what it was.

DSC08785DSC08786

We learned that they are river rats called Coypu. I am not sure how the guy in this picture managed to have nearly his whole body above the water. They were hungry dudes and I found them kind of disgusting, I have to say.

But then Tricia and Carter ran into one of the lagarto overos on the walking path. They said it was like 2 feet long. I might have had a heart attack had I seen it, but Courtney and I were busy checking out some birds nearby.

We did run into another one later and I tried my best to get a photo, but these are speedy dudes.

DSC08788DSC08789

DSC08792It is a very interesting walk, even though the pathway is a little dodgy and it kind of looks like the boy scouts of Argentina could earn a lot of eagles doing service projects there.DSC08790DSC08784

The kids went home and Tricia and I had a tennis lesson at the Gendemaria which is only a couple of miles away. The kids have been enjoying the nice weather and have managed to get sunburned spending time in the pool.

No comments: