Tuesday, April 25, 2006

underground fence

How it works
"A radio signal is sent by the transmitter to a receiver located on your dog's collar. The signal is transmitted through a wire which is placed along the boundaries you want to establish. The wire is really an antenna that carries the signal...[If your dog] starts to cross the wire, he will receive a mild correction."

Note from the voice of experience:
Also works on humans holding the transmitter! To say that "he," (or in this case she,) "will receive a mild correction," is quite the adumbration. (I'll save you the trouble of looking it up...To disclose partially or guardedly.) The truth is that it zaps the socks off you! (Chytraus exaggeration, please see previous blog.) Okay, the truth is that it gave me quite the jolt and I am still afraid to walk in my yard even when I am not holding the transmitter.

If it works
That remains to be seen, Shooter is still in training, but he hasn't yet yelped like I did.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I have to say that i was there in the real for this, and it was so sad..not only that, it made me think twice every time i was crossing the wired section of grass...and i just kept thinking, i'm not the dog, i can pass!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cherylyn said...

sooooo sad!!!!