Sunday, July 02, 2006

the messy cook

My family has always been (I think I will say) "smart" enough to tell me that I am a good cook. And I have enjoyed learning to cook to please myself and my family and for social events. Discussing my prowess in the kitchen a couple of years ago, Tricia told me that although I am a very good cook, I am also a very messy cook. She even went so far as to say that if I had a cooking show, it would be called, The Messy Cook. I don't think it occured to me before that time that I was any messier than anyone else. I do know that I loved cooking in Argentina because Martina cleaned up after me. Those were the days!

When I returned home from Montreal, I cooked a big meal and my friend, Mary dropped by after dinner. She took one look at the kitchen and smiled and said, "Yeah, you're back." This was further evidence that I truly am an extraordinarily messy cook. I doubt that will change, but thanks to Tricia, I now have a personalized apron to help keep me clean!

2 comments:

Linda Carter said...

deb, be as messy as you want:):):) Paul & I occasionaly enjoy the Debbie Carter version of "tuna casserole".. fresh pasta, can of tuna and can of cream of celery soup..yum...

Melanie said...

cute apron moo!