Monday, October 09, 2006

the butcher knife

I remember one Saturday, not too long after the kitchen was finished. I decided that I needed some real knives. Before that time, we used steak knives for almost every cutting task because basically they were the only knives that we owned that actually cut anything. I bought a knife block which included a predetermined set of knives. In the set was a hefty butcher knife. I wondered about it at the time. I certainly wasn't planning on doing any butchering. Anyone who has seen me wield a knife definately would not want to be in the kitchen if I decided to take the thing in hand. But it came with the set. I never use it, but it makes a regular appearance in the dishwasher because Doug cooks a couple of times a week. He uses the butcher knife...for things like cutting avacados and tomatoes.

1 comment:

Cherylyn said...

lol...CLASSIC!