Tuesday, October 03, 2006

soccer dad

This is our second tour of soccer duty. Brianna played in the spring right after we started on daylight saving, and the city of Mt. Dora ran another league this fall which will finish before the end of October. I take Brianna, sit in my chair, sometimes read, sometimes sleep, sometimes watch. Brianna goes to practice/games three times a week. No one ever talks to me. I don't mind because I am happy for the peace and time to relax.

Doug has been to soccer with me twice, both times on Monday nights. We chat and have a nice, uninterrupted by phone calls, conversation. Tonight Doug took Brianna to soccer because I needed to leave for Relief Society Enrichment meeting before soccer ended and uncharacteristically, he had no meetings.

Three women talked with my husband tonight. They let him know that they know all about us, ie I teach school at Round Lake and Brianna is our daughter. I think there are a few more things they should to know about us.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

LOL, that is hilarious...and all too typical I hate to say.

Linda Carter said...

I agree with trish.. hilarious, but pretty typical.. On the rare occasions Paul is home to pick up either natalie or Jake from school it takes him forever to get home because he says "they won't stop talking to me." What is up with that????