Thursday, February 15, 2007

my sweetheart

post valentine blog prologue:

The prophet has said that the church will help make bad men good and good men better. My husband has a corollary talent. He helps make bad ideas good and good ideas better. Since I am the idea person in the family (BTW not a position that I particulary relish, but I have gotten used to it), it is great to have that handy talent nearby.

post valentine blog:
For Valentines Day, my huband gave me bread and flowers. I was surprised and delighted!
Over a year ago, I was at Publix Grocery Store running in quick to get something and Melanie was waiting outside in the car for me. The man in front of me in line was buying what I will call a french stick, because that is what they called that kind of bread in England and the name fits better than whatever they call it here, which is why I can never remember what they call it here. And flowers. I thought, wow, that is really romantic! What a smart guy! When I came out of Publix and we were driving home I started to tell Melanie about him and she started laughing. She said that she saw him and thought the same thing! Now I have no idea about wine and roses, but for me it would be all about bread and flowers.

It turns out that Melanie talked to her dad and told him about the experience. He bought me bread from Panera Bread Company and flowers from Apenberry's for my garden. We had a wonderful day together. I am blessed to be loved by such a wonderful man.

No comments: